Information Technology Jobs; Finance Jobs
Long Term Contract
Years of Experience
10 and more
BI & Analytics Lead
Company: Intelli5 Location: Montreal
One of our clients from the financial investment sector is currently looking for a BI & analytics lead to join their team.
As a BI & Analytics leader, you will steer the translation of business strategies and requirements into specific BI solutions and will provide expert judgment pertaining to highly complex technical issues including all aspects related to development, infrastructure, data and configuration management perspectives.
We are looking for a candidate with creative skills in analytics, able to deliver high value results, with a strong sense of delivery commitment, and who is open to collaborating efficiently in a multidisciplinary IT and business team.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Collaborate with the architecture solution leader to elaborate the strategy and architecture of both the internal and customer facing analytics platform leveraging Azure cloud infrastructures and services (PAAS), Tableau, and PowerBI BI stacks, and web technologies.
- Architect, design and implement those end-to-end solutions and models to solve data-related business challenges and capitalize upon potential opportunities.
- Be an active player in the whole product implementation process including planning and effort estimate, development & testing, deployment. More specifically, you will contribute to deploy a Devops approach to the BI & Analytic stack.
- Participate and execute proof of concept exercises.
- Design data integration solution to load analytical model (data marts) or serve data to specialized products.
- Maintain Analytical data models and a clean documentation of the different data flows.
- Broadcast data to final end-users using Tableau, Power BI, Azure API Apps or any other platform or modern visualization tool. Support the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of solution management methodologies, including obtaining feedback after the solutions’ implementation.
- Use your influence to recommend ways to improve reliability, efficiency, and data quality.
- Provide mentorship to other members of the team; as a data guild member, review and suggest improvements to data model propositions made by stakeholders.
- At least 3 years as an Architect or Solution Designer in data/analytical/BI field (strong asset).
- Experience in designing data pipelines and automating applications/services and automating them through development and operating processes and tools (DevOps).
- Demonstrated technical expertise in the following: Data Streaming, Real-time Data Systems, Batch Data Systems.
- Good experience working with cloud data services.
- Proficiency with Business Intelligence tools.
- SQL Master.
- Azure cloud experience as it pertains to BI services and APIs.
- Proven track record of delivery Tableau and PowerBI solutions.
- Deep knowledge of data security and privacy concerns.
- Business acumen: this includes the ability to identify business challenges and develop solutions to solve those challenges via technology.
- Experience in data management & data quality process (master data, data stewardship, data ownership, etc.).
- A completed bachelor's degree in a related area of activity plus 10 years' relevant experience, or a completed master's degree in a related area of activity plus 7 years' relevant experience.