Information Technology Jobs; Finance Jobs
Long Term Contract
Years of Experience
5 and more
Company: Intelli5 Location: Montreal
One of our clients from the financial investment industry is currently looking for a business analyst to join their team.
Description of tasks and responsibilities
As a Business Analyst, Digital Business Solutions Capital Markets, you will:
- Be a key contributor to digital business solutions planning and delivery roadmap for analytical and operational suite solutions.
- You will play a key role in maintaining support, resolving incidents, resolving issues and continuously improving analytical and operational suite solutions.
- Play a front line role in liaising between IT and business partners in terms of translating financial requirements into user stories and / or IT technical specifications.
- Take charge of complex problem analysis missions, recommend effective solutions and be a facilitator of their implementation.
- Be a key contributor to the solution design and ensure alignment with business goals and requirements.
- Appropriate the specifications of functional interfaces.
- Play a leading role in the test life cycle (regression, integrated and UAT tests).
- Facilitate and / or contribute to the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for further improvements in planning, analysis, design, development, testing and implementation.
- Experience in finding business and IT alignment, operating across business and technology teams to drive common approaches, providing sustainable, agile and reusable solutions.
- You pursue excellence and challenge the status quo to seek other perspectives.
- Ability to evolve in a fast-paced environment with a high level of autonomy.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and spoken.
- Attention to detail and rigorous approach to analysis and documentation.
- Ability to work collaboratively, cultivating meaningful relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Desire to learn, to have ideas and to innovate.
- Open-mindedness and active listening skills.
- Respect for differences of opinion and a spirit of openness.
- A bachelor's degree in finance or computer science and / or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in the financial investment industry is an essential asset.
- Knowledge of public market investments is an asset and understanding of credit investments is a plus.
- Financial certification (eg CFA, FRM, etc.) is an important asset. 5+ years of business and systems analysis experience in financial investment applications and / or BI / analytics solutions.
- Proficiency in SQL tools for data analysis and use is an essential asset.
- Experience with Bloomberg Suite solutions (AIM, Terminal, B-PIPE, MARS, TSADF, etc.) is an asset.
- Working knowledge of traditional databases / infrastructures: Windows, Microsoft (MS) SQL Server
- Excellent oral and written communication in French and English