Information Technology Jobs
Long Term Contract
Years of Experience
3 and more
Company: Intelli5 Location: Montreal
One of our clients form the travel industry is currently looking for a DevOps specialist to join their team.
Description of tasks and responsibilities
- Develop, deliver and maintain applications as per desired technology architecture and business requirements while ensuring highest quality of end-products through introduction of new tools, technology and practices for evolution of processes & optimization of applications.
- Automate the build and release of multiple projects by implementing automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines).
- Maintain code branches along with integrations of code across multiple branches.
- Configure complex installations and quickly resolve all defects or script issues found within the installation.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to solve development constraints and deployment issues
- Ensure adherence to professional and technical standards by reviewing and benchmarking to latest and state-of-the-art practices.
- Follow DevOps delivery model and recommend adjustments based on results, when needed by ensuring functionality of our installed products are up to date and supported.
- Help implement guidelines, standards, and procedures and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Understand the various application architectures and ensure development of supportable automation processes.
- Coordinate with Architecture and Quality teams to ensure timely delivery of projects, features, bugfixes, and infrastructure improvements into multiple production environments
- Lead and coordinate the go-live activities essential to the execution of the deployment plans/checklists
- AWS certification is preferred.
- At least 2+ years AWS experience using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, ELB, EBD, S3, VPC, CloudWatch) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution.
- Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer, including automation experience with configuration management tools.
- Strong Knowledge of Jenkins, GIT, Bitbucket, Nexus, etc.
- Strong scripting and automation skills.
- Experience and proficiency with Linux system administration.
- Knowledge of containerization tools (e.g. Docker)
- Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services.
- Demonstrated experience working with Agile Ops/DevOps teams
- Team player and ability to function effectively in a fast paced
- Fully Bilingual an asset.
- Knowledge of the travel industry.
- Worked in a Java environment.
- AWS certification.