Information Technology Jobs; Finance Jobs
Long Term Contract
Years of Experience
10 and more
Company: Intelli5 Location: Montreal
One of our clients from the transport industry is currently looking for an enterprise architect to join their team.
This role is responsible for understanding and describing the organization’s business and translating it into an overall architecture vision, strategy and a set of architecture principles. This includes the active communication and promotion of the vision, strategy and principles. This role is also responsible for defining the enterprise architecture framework in order to avoid redundancy, have integrated, cost-effective solutions and provide a common foundation for all system, service and infrastructure developments.
Summary of tasks
• Translate strategic business requirements in order to develop enterprise architectures
• Understand and articulate how aspects of the enterprise architecture contribute to the achievement of our business strategy and delivery of the expected business outcomes. Explain and evangelize architecture value and deliverables to a wide audience spectrum (from IT support to Business executives) through simple business briefings.
• Identify where change is required (development of a Gap plan) in the enterprise architecture in order to support business capabilities
• Analyze emerging industry standards and trends to determine impact on enterprise architecture.
• Contribute to the operationalization of policies throughout the architecture
• Analyze regulatory guidelines to determine impact on enterprise architecture.
• Develop, deliver, maintain, communicate & govern Enterprise standards, guidelines, frameworks and models that make up the architecture
• Ensure alignment of the enterprise architectures with other enterprise architecture aspects.
• Ensure alignment of domain architecture activities with the overall enterprise strategies
• Participate in cross-domain activities and changes.
• Provide clear assessments and positions, connecting the dots on mandates with broad enterprise implications.
• Incorporate new business information and better sources of data feeds into the enterprise architecture.
• Facilitate consistent information acquisition, access, security, change management, archiving and recovery strategies at the enterprise level.
• 15 years experience and working evolution from a solid telecom engineering background
• At least 5 years experience as a Senior Solution Architect
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• Strong Experience defining Architecture Standards, Patterns and Guidelines
• Wireless technologies, VoIP, Unified communication and SD-WAN
• Telephony, Radio, Fiber Optics, Video Surveillance and VSAT (Satellite)
• Cloud Computing (Azure and/or GCP)
• Preferred Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent with a Network and/or Telecommunications specialization
• 10+ years experience in IT, with a minimum of 5 years dedicated to Architecture work (preferably at the Domain or Enterprise Level)
• Proven experience as a Sr Telecom Architect in the context of a large enterprise supporting mission critical services and/or Telco-grade services
• Experience and knowledge in complex networks architecture and definition of telecom capability models
• Excellent knowledge and real life experience with core networking capabilities (DNS, DHCP, VPN, MPLS, network security services, Management tools, network performance & monitoring tools, LAN, WLAN, WAN, WWAN, MAN)
• Good understanding of key advanced network services (IPS/IDS, Wan Optimization, Application Delivery Controller, Quality of Service, VoIP and Unified Communication) and concepts (Software- Defined Networking, Network convergence) and how a large organization can get benefit of them
• Ability to evaluate telecom/telephony impacts, opportunity and architecture evolution related to key trends like Cloud computing, Internet of Things / Information and operational technology convergence, Service oriented Architecture (SOA), Real-time enterprise communication, Mobility, Virtualization
• 5+ years in-depth experience with understanding business models, visions and processes and translating them into technical architectures
• Strong communication skills - ability to create material and communicate to a variety of stakeholders at different levels of the company
• Strong analytical skills - ability to visualize, analyze, articulate and solve complex problems