Information Technology Jobs
Years of Experience
3 and more
IT Support Technician
Company: Intelli5 Location: Montreal
One of our clients from the food retail industry is currently looking for an IT support technician to join their team.
The incumbent provides technical support to users of computer systems as well as warehouse managers for mobile equipment and the RF network in Quebec and the Ottawa region. He provides assistance and collaborates with the various information systems teams. In addition, he actively participates in the implementation of technological deployment projects. He coordinates the activities of service and maintenance providers in order to deploy and maintain functional equipment and infrastructure.
- Provide technical support for office, networking and mobile equipment in warehouses as well as on network infrastructures in offices and warehouses.
- Provide technical and functional support for audio and video equipment (ex: videoconferences).
- Perform installation and technical support for telephone sets, both physically and in terms of configuration
- Provide hardware and software support for iPad, iPhone and Windows tablet mobile devices.
- Assist users in the Quebec and Ottawa region divisions in the use of computerized systems and equipment.
- Configure and install various computer equipment including network switches installed in divisions according to information systems standards.
- Write the procedures and documentation necessary for the activities of the department.
- Support various stakeholders and resources during corporate events such as shareholders' meetings, executive presentations, etc.).
- Participate and / or coordinate the deployment of new products or technological changes in divisions.
- Coordinate, alone or with other teams, the installation of infrastructures (cabling, telecom equipment and others) before the installation of equipment: physical redevelopment, cabling, new premises, etc.
- Implement new IT technologies and / or upgrade software.
- Participate with the various stakeholders in the identification and resolution of problems in office automation, networking, mobile equipment or network infrastructure.
- Ensure the compliance of the infrastructures necessary for the proper functioning of IT equipment (cabling, electricity, security environment, etc.).
- Maintain a high level of technical knowledge in relation to the IT environment of the divisions.
- Periodically assume the rotation of IT support availability (24/24, 7/7).
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- 2 years of experience in an IT environment (general support)
- Technical knowledge of: Microsoft Office, Windows, Ethernet, Wifi, iPad, iPhone, Videoconferencing, SCCM
- Ease of documenting procedures, writing reports and communicating with clients
- Methodical and able to popularize the technique to users
- Knowledge of cable standards - Knowledge of Vocollect mobile equipment, Motorola / Zebra mobile equipment, an asset
- Essential bilingualism (French and English, spoken and written)
- Orientation towards quality work / service
- Learning of technical aspects
- Management of time
- Fast and sustained learning
- Problems solving