Information Technology Jobs
Long Term Contract
Years of Experience
3 and more
Linux Systems Administrator
Company: Intelli5 Location: Montreal
Versatile and motivated to learn, the Linux systems administrator will work in a multidisciplinary team where autonomy is strongly encouraged. Under the supervision of the team leader, he will be responsible for the various files entrusted to him by ensuring the planning, implementation, tests, documentation and knowledge transfer to his colleagues. In addition, the Linux systems administrator may be called upon to play an integrator role for business line projects.
- Systems administration, configuration and problem analysis.
- Autonomously assumes technical projects entrusted to him
- Provide support to other information systems teams.
- Makes recommendations to his team leader.
- Participate in technical architecture decisions.
- Actively involved in other projects and achievements by assisting his team leader
- Attends the various meetings of the projects for which he is mandated.
- Documents what it sets up (installation, configuration, process).
- Encourages the transfer of knowledge.
- Periodically assumes the IT support availability rotation (24/7).
- BAC in computer science or DEC in computer science
- 3 years of experience in a technical position within a Linux environment
- Good knowledge of basic Linux shell commands
- Essential bilingualism (French and English, spoken and written)
- Good knowledge of networking in general
- Good knowledge of virtual environments
- Knowledge of containerized application virtualization
- Must be able to offer support to level 2 support teams
- Collaborate regularly with the various Information Technology teams as well as with various service partners.
- Excellent team spirit
- Very autonomous
- Rigorous, structured
- Good analytical skills
- Do what is necessary to follow the evolution of Technologies relevant to the company
- Motivated to learn
- SSH / SFTP protocols
- Scripting languages (shell / bash)
- Linux operating systems (CentOS, RedHat, SUSE)
- Git - Automation tool (Puppet)
- Monitoring tool (Nagios)
- Web servers (Apache, Nginx)
- Databases (Mysql)
- Virtual environments (VMWare)
- Virtual environments in container (OKD / Openshift)