Project Management Jobs; Information Technology Jobs
Long Term Contract
Years of Experience
5 and more
Company: Intelli5 Location: Montreal
One of our clients from the real estate investment sector is currently looking for a project controller to join their team.
The incumbent makes an essential contribution in the planning and monitoring of Ivanhoé Cambridge’s technological projects. Reporting to the senior director of the IT project office, the project controller is responsible for supporting project managers by planning, monitoring and controlling projects in terms of deadlines, activities, capacity and project budgets, including billing tracking and reconciliation with the financial system.
- Write and produce planning, monitoring, control and dashboard reports for technology projects;
- Use and interpret information (schedules, costs, benefits, resources, capacity, risks, etc.) in order to adequately support project teams in the orientations and decisions to be made;
- In collaboration with the project manager, prepare project progress reports for management committees and others (dashboard);
- Ensure the financial monitoring of projects;
- Prepare change requests.
- Also the project controller has the mandate to:
- Guide and support project managers in using the EPM platform;
- Ensure the continuous improvement of tools and processes in support of projects with the collaboration of members of the IT Project Office team;
- Monitor best practices and ensure their integration into the operation of the Project Office.
Required knowledge and skills
- DEC or Bachelor's degree in information technology, or related field;
- 5 to 8 years of experience in the IT industry, including 2-3 years as a project controller in large technology projects;
- Mastery of MS-Project essential. Knowledge of EPM an asset;
- PMP certification is a desirable asset;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing;
- Structured, organized, able to identify the issues and present them to the project manager;
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize;
- Commitment, great personal motivation, autonomy and attention to detail;
- Bilingualism (English and French) oral and written.