Information Technology Jobs
Long Term Contract
Years of Experience
5 and more
Company: Intelli5 Location: Montreal
One of our clients from the transport industry is currently looking for a project controller to join their team.
Description of the mandate
In addition to this, you need to know more about it. Reporting to the corporate project office, the consultant will be responsible for carrying out the tasks inherent to a Project Controller (PCO) - finance profile - on IT projects. Mainly, the PCO will be in charge of supporting project managers in financial monitoring and control, and will work closely with the IT portfolio PCO to ensure good communication and transmission of information concerning the control and monitoring of his projects. In addition to this, you need to know more about it.
- Monitor and update monthly project and contract expenses.
- Reconcile expenses and commitments.
- Be responsible for monthly budget consolidations and forecasting exercises including analysis of variances / trends.
- Ensure good management of "accrued" in order to reflect the sums committed.
- Monitor and analyze project efforts, communicate any risk of deviation and participate in the establishment of mitigation measures (costs).
- Document change requests Assist project managers in the preparation of project status reports and executive reports.
- Maintain and ensure the follow-up of the project registers (change requests, actions, decisions, risks, outstanding points, etc.).
- Ensure the proper management of timesheets and invoices: codification, validation, follow-up, etc.
- Ensure good capacity management by updating resource assignments on Project Online plans.
- Organize project monitoring meetings.
- Assist project managers in the administration of tasks relating to the start-up and closure of projects.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of the project office.
- All other related tasks.
Essential skills and experiences
- 5 to 7 years of experience as a project / planning PCO Mastery of knowledge and techniques of project management
Applications and software
- Advanced EXCEL Mastery of MS Project (EPM)
- Excellent command of the MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Bilingual (English / French spoken and written)
- Good writing skills
Desired skills and experiences
- PMP certification (an asset)
Applications and software
- Knowledge of Oracle (project costing, codification, ...)
- Knowledge of Project Online
Others (management advice, specific field of applications, etc.)
- Experience as a PCO on major projects within established and operational project management offices
Skills and personal qualities
- Rigor and good work structure
- Priority management Sense of organization and judgment
- Team spirit, initiative and autonomy Ease of learning (IT tools and processes) and adaptation to change
- Ability to work on several files in parallel
- Ability to work under tight deadlines