Information Technology Jobs
Long Term Contract
Years of Experience
5 and more
SAP Basis Software Administrator
Company: Intelli5 Location: Montreal
One of our clients from the food retail industry is currently looking for an SAP Basis software administrator to join their team.
Description of the mandate
Our client is looking for a SAP Software Administrator (Basis), who will be responsible for the technical management of the SAP "landscape" including design, installation, configuration, fixes, and ongoing support.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Ensure the proper functioning and integrity of all SAP instances at all times.
- Install new versions, updates and patches from the SAP vendor.
- Correct technical issues that affect SAP instances.
- Provide support to other information systems teams.
- Create and / or refresh the development and quality / assurance bodies according to the needs of different projects.
- Identify operating system problems and interact with the outsourcer to resolve them.
- Monitor the performance and capacity of environments and recommend appropriate adjustments.
- Provide technical support during implementation and / or migration and / or integration projects.
- Participate in various projects by analyzing needs and making recommendations required.
- Write the documents necessary for his work and keep all of the documentation according to standards.
- Perform technology watch activities and issue recommendations concerning the evolution of SAP systems.
- Perform operating system and database specific tasks for SAP installations and maintenance.
- Participate in the planning of technical projects.
- Work with the SAP supplier so that it delivers the required services (Go-live check, Earlywatch, etc.).
- Motivated, curious administrator, oriented towards quality work
- Rigorous and organized
- Strong mastery of priority management
- Dedicated to delivering results
- Ability to learn fast, and sustained
- Focused on problem solving
- BAC in computer science or DEC in computer science
- 5 to 7 years of relevant experience in IT
- 3 years of experience in SAP technical support
- Knowledge of SAP Netweaver, S / 4 HANA, Solution Manager, NetWeaver: ABAP and Java
- Essential bilingualism (French and English, spoken and written)
- Knowledge of Linux an asset
- Knowledge of the I5 / OS operating system, an asset
The mandate must start as quickly as possible, and ultimately aims to fill a position permanent.